SPOKANE, Wash. - The father of a Spokane man shot to death while stealing a car last month has now been arrested for attempting to steal a police car.
Brian Kaluza was taken into custody Sunday night after a pursuit that started outside the Spokane County Jail and ended downtown.
Police first noticed a red Jeep parked outside the jail with its windows down and music blaring.Kaluza cop car theft arrest
Patrol officers then spotted the driver, Kaluza pounding on the windows of the Public Safety Building asking for police to let him in.
When Kaluza saw the officers he ran back to the car and sped off.
Police found his abandoned vehicle and while the officers were looking for Kaluza, he snuck up behind them and tried to steal a patrol car.
Kaluza's son, 25 year old Brendon Kaluza-Graham, was killed in March when he tried to drive off in a stolen Chevy Suburban.
No charged have been filed against car owner Gail Gerlach who says he fired in self defense.
The elder Kaluza was booked on attempting to elude and attempted car theft charges.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car