SPOKANE, Wash. - Two people are in custody, following a stabbing in East Central Spokane.
The incident happened just after 3 a.m. Wednesday on the street near East First Avenue and Helena Street.
Spokane police said there was a fight between three men and one man was stabbed in the ear. Police said there were reported of shots fired, but they have not confirmed that yet. The victim went to a nearby house and asked for help. The people living in the house called 911.Police investigate stabbing in East Spokane
David Stephens, 27, and another man ran away from the scene, but police found them in a house on the 1600 block of East Pacific, about a block away from the scene of the stabbing, said police.
According to police, Stephens confessed to the crime and he was arrested for first-degree assault and malicious mischief. The other man was questioned, but not arrested.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Spokane police and Washington State Patrol are still investigating.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River