SPOKANE, Wash. - A wild chase in east Spokane ended with a crash and a man under arrest Wednesday afternoon.
Spokane Police say they tried to stop Tyler Tofsrud, 23, who was wanted in relation to a stolen vehicle investigation Tuesday. Tofsrud sped away from officers in a Mercedes Benz sedan.
Officers chased Tofsrud and, near the Avista building, he clipped another car and then spun into a power pole, bringing the chase to an end near the intersection of N. Perry Street and E. Baldwin Avenue.
Police arrested Tofsrud for attempting to elude a police vehicle and said a handgun was found on the front seat, which is illegal for him to possess as a convicted felon. Authorities believe Tofrsud will be facing more charges.
The woman driving the vehicle Tofsrud hit was not injured.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position