SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police have made an arrest after an alleged rape in north Spokane.
Officers arrested 27-year-old Kenneth Williams just after 1 a.m. Monday morning for first degree rape and first degree burglary.
The incident happened in the 1000 block of E. Crown.
The victim indicated a man -- later identified as Williams – came up to her house and spoke to her then left. The man came back 15 minutes later, forced his way inside and raped her while threatening her with a large knife.
Shortly after processing the crime officers found and arrested Williams nearby. He is now being held on a $200,000 bond for first degree rape and first degree burglary.
Detectives do not believe the victim and the suspect knew each other.
The case remains under investigation by Major Crimes detectives.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th