SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane firefighters are investigating the cause of a garage fire in South Spokane County.
The fire started around 5:30 a.m. Monday in the 5600 block of West Smith Drive.
According to firefighters, a neighbor was walking out to his car to go to work when he saw smoke coming from his neighbor's garage. He ran back into his house and told his roommate to call 911. The man then ran back to his neighbor's house and rang the doorbell multiple times to wake up the sleeping family.
Firefighters arrived and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Fire Chief Bruce Holloway said most of the contents inside the garage were destroyed. There were no cars in the garage.
Holloway said there was minimal smoke and heat damage in the house.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting