SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane firefighters are investigating the cause of a garage fire in South Spokane County.
The fire started around 5:30 a.m. Monday in the 5600 block of West Smith Drive.
According to firefighters, a neighbor was walking out to his car to go to work when he saw smoke coming from his neighbor's garage. He ran back into his house and told his roommate to call 911. The man then ran back to his neighbor's house and rang the doorbell multiple times to wake up the sleeping family.
Firefighters arrived and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Fire Chief Bruce Holloway said most of the contents inside the garage were destroyed. There were no cars in the garage.
Holloway said there was minimal smoke and heat damage in the house.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up