YAKIMA, Wash. - A man accused of punching a police dog in Yakima is jailed with bail set at $100,000.
The man was in a car that fled a fight Thursday in a grocery store parking lot.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports when officers stopped the car the man refused to cooperate so the dog was ordered to subdue him. After he punched the dog he was shot with a Taser and arrested.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march