SPOKANE, Wash. - A 22-year-old man was transported to the hospital early Thursday morning after sustaining a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
He was at a party at a residence in the 200 block of South Sullivan.
Police and medics responding found the male with a gunshot wound to the head. They say there were about nine witnesses who stayed on scene and about a dozen fled after the event.
Police say it appears the self-inflicted wound was accidental and there was no confrontation.
Investigators are still on scene trying to figure out exactly what happened.
The condition of the man is not known at this time.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity