LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. - Liberty Lake honored servicemen and women this Memorial Day by dedicating a new workout station in the middle of Pavilion Park.
The Fallen Heroes Circuit Course was built in honor of Captain Victoria Pinckney, stationed at Fairchild Air Force Base and one of three airmen killed last year during a refueling mission over Kyrgyzstan.
Captain Pinckney's mother, Michelle Castro, was on hand Monday for the touching ceremony.
"It kinda gives meaning to working out and what we have in this beautiful country," said Amy O'Connell of the Fallen Heroes Circuit Course Committee. "To go and get some good exercise and teach our children about it. And what better way than a park that everyone goes to every day?"
Liberty Lake plans to honor all branches of the military with five circuit courses spread across a five mile jogging trail.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home