LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. - Liberty Lake honored servicemen and women this Memorial Day by dedicating a new workout station in the middle of Pavilion Park.
The Fallen Heroes Circuit Course was built in honor of Captain Victoria Pinckney, stationed at Fairchild Air Force Base and one of three airmen killed last year during a refueling mission over Kyrgyzstan.
Captain Pinckney's mother, Michelle Castro, was on hand Monday for the touching ceremony.
"It kinda gives meaning to working out and what we have in this beautiful country," said Amy O'Connell of the Fallen Heroes Circuit Course Committee. "To go and get some good exercise and teach our children about it. And what better way than a park that everyone goes to every day?"
Liberty Lake plans to honor all branches of the military with five circuit courses spread across a five mile jogging trail.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March