COLFAX, Wash. - A jury in Whitman County found Frank Lazcano guilty Friday of first degree murder and unlawful disposal of human remains in the Dec. 2011 killing of Marcus Schur in Malden.
The jury found him not guilty on kidnapping charges. A sentencing date has not been set.
Less than two weeks ago a mistrial was declared against his brother, Daniel Lazcano, when a jury failed to reach a verdict in his case. While they failed to reach a consensus on the murder charge, they did find Daniel Lazcano guilty of unlawful disposal of human remains.
Prosecutors contend the Lazcano brothers killed Schur on Dec. 27, 2011. Schur's body was found in a creek that feeds Bonnie Lake in March 2012.
contributed to this report.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home