SPOKANE, Wash. - After two mistrials, the third murder trial of a Spokane man accused of killing a Rosalia man in 2011 has ended with a conviction.
Daniel Lazcano was found guilty Wednesday afternoon of first degree murder for killing 23-year-old Marcus Schur. After two weeks in court hearing testimony, the jury got the case Tuesday and deliberated for about three and a half hours before rendering the verdict.
Lazcano, along with his brother Frank, shot Schur outside a Malden home in December of 2011 in retaliation for a home burglary in Rosalia Schur was allegedly involved in.
After killing him the Lazcano brothers dumped Schur's body in Bonnie Lake.
Frank Lazcano was previously convicted of murdering Schur earlier this year and sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Two previous trials ended with hung juries in Whitman County, so Daniel Lazcano's third trial was moved to Spokane County.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River