GEORGE, Wash - A state legislator is proposing to new $1 fee to tickets at The Gorge Amphitheater to help pay for emergency services on concert weekends.
State Rep. Matt Manweller, R-Ellensburg, says the money raised would be split between the small hospital and fire districts that serve the area.
The Columbia Basin Herald reports that last year, concert and festival goers racked up more than $400,000 in unpaid bills to the Quincy Valley Medical Center.
Manweller says his bill will be introduced later this year. He says his bill would allow the Grant County commissioners to impose the surcharge, but not require it.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line