SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - UPDATE: Investigators have determined that the fire started inside the structure's repair and service bay. The official cause is still unknown. The building was valued at $85,000 and is considered a total loss.
No people were found inside the building.
Spokane Valley firefighters are on scene of a large commercial fire at Best Bet Auto Sales on the 4600 block of E. Sprague.
Spokane Valley firefighters said a security guard from Costco called 911 when he heard cracks and pops while looking for shopping carts.
Investigators have confirmed that utilities were shut off to the building prior to the fire.
Witnesses tell KXLY4 the building has been vacant for several years, they claim a lot of transients often occupy the building.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Employee shot during armed robbery at north Spokane pot shop
- Missing Hayden man found dead off Highway 3
- Four arrested on drug charges in Orofino
- Ridpath Hotel offers affordable downtown housing
- SRHD and Spokane County Jail look to expand methadone treatment to more inmates
- Kootenai County first responders train for railroad emergency