YAKIMA, Wash. - A Lewis-McChord Stryker brigade that returned from Afghanistan in December is changing tactics in war games this month at the Yakima Training Center.
The News Tribune reports the 3rd Stryker Brigade is preparing for an assignment backing up the Navy-led Pacific Command in Asia.
In 2011 when they knew they were going to Afghanistan, the soldier practiced kicking down doors and looking for insurgents. Now they are practicing maneuvers they'd use if called to fight the military from a developed nation using artillery.
The Army considers the Yakima training so important it had an exemption to continue during the partial government shutdown.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults