DEER PARK, Wash. - Relatives of the confessed killer, Israel Keyes, will head to Deer Park for his funeral.
Israel Keyes told authorities he killed Anchorage barista Samantha Koenig and at least seven others over the past decade. He was found dead last Sunday in his Anchorage jail cell after he killed himself.
Pastor Jacob Gardner told The Anchorage Daily News that he was traveling with Keyes' mother and other relatives for the killer's funeral Sunday in Deer Park, Wash.
Gardner also said Keyes attended a sister's wedding in March in Texas, where he ranted about how he didn't believe in God. That would have been shortly before his arrest.
The pastor said some of the preaching at the wedding had targeted Keyes to get him to "denounce his atheism." But Gardner said the ceremony ended with Keyes raging against God.
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane