SPOKANE, Wash. - Chelsea Poppens scored 19 points, Hallie Christofferson scored 11 of her 18 in the second half, and fifth-seeded Iowa State ended No. 12 seed Gonzaga's dominance at home in the NCAA women's tournament with a 72-60 win over the Bulldogs on Saturday.
Gonzaga went 4-0 the past two seasons playing on its home floor at the McCarthey Athletic Center during the NCAAs in reaching the round of 16. Iowa State (24-8) finally solved beating Gonzaga at home thanks to dynamic shooting from behind the 3-point line and an awful shooting performance by the Bulldogs.
Brynn Williamson hit five 3-pointers and scored 17 points for the Cyclones.
Taelor Karr led Gonzaga (27-6) with 15 points, but the Bulldogs shot just 32 percent.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image