WASHINGTON - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jay Inslee has burned through his cash as the campaign enters the final week.
Inslee reported in disclosure filings that he a negative account balance of about $50,000 as of Monday. Campaign spokesman Sterling Clifford said Wednesday that the campaign still has cash to spend as donations are always coming in, and he noted the campaign has already paid for ads through Election Day.
McKenna's campaign lists $250,000 in cash left to spend as of Monday, and that's after accounting for reserved ad time.
McKenna has raised a total of about $13.4 million this election cycle, ahead of Inslee's $11.7 million. Meanwhile, outside groups have spent more money on negative campaigning in opposition of McKenna than Inslee by a margin of $8.2 million to $7.6 million.
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase