LEAVENWORTH, Wash. - The Chelan County Sheriff's Office is investigating the discovery of a body in the Beaver Creek area 15 miles northeast of Leavenworth.
The badly decomposed body was discovered by two people driving on a forest service road while scouting for the upcoming hunting season. At first they thought it was a dead animal alongside the road but when they walked up discovered it was human remains.
They called 911 and then took law enforcement officers to the scene where they discovered the body.
Deputies are investigating the body while the Chelan County Coroner's Office will be conducting an autopsy to determine the identity of the person as well as their cause of death.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car