SPOKANE, Wash. - A fire late Wednesday left three people without a home for the night.
According to Spokane firefighters, around midnight, people living in a house near South Riverton and Mission Avenue called 911 to report smelling smoke.
When firefighters arrived, they found insulation smoldering in the attic.
Firefighters believe that the fire was due to an electrical problem.
Firefighters added that one firefighter battling the house fire cut his hand with an ax during the response. Firefighters said his injury is not serious.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position