TOPPENISH, Wash. - A hop farm worker was killed in an industrial accident in Toppenish.
The Yakima County sheriff's office says 22-year-old David Alonso Gonzalez-Rebolledo was pulling an empty 25-foot flatbed trailer with a small tractor Sunday when he hit a parked vehicle. The trailer broke loose, rolled into the back of the tractor and pinned down the driver.
KIMA reports it happened at the Shinn and Son farm. The farm says every worker completes a safety course and gives written consent of understanding afterward.
The state Department of Labor and Industries is investigating.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home