SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Police are investigating a possible homicide at 4th and Custer in the Spokane Valley Thursday morning.
A female body was reported near 4th Ave. around 8 a.m. Thursday morning along the south side of I-90.
Major Crimes is on scene investigating.
Any time there is an unattended death, the Sheriff's Office treats the investigation as a homicide until proven otherwise.
4th Ave. is closed from just east of the eastbound I-90 on-ramp to Chronicle. Custer Road is also closed between 5th and 4th. The investigation is anticipated to take the majority of the day and roads will remained closed until all units are clear.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car