YAKIMA, Wash. - A homeless man accused of raping a 15-year-old girl who had passed out drunk pleaded guilty in Yakima to third-degree child rape.
The 46-year-old, Vincent Matthew Umtuch, said he pleaded guilty Monday in a deal with prosecutors who agreed to drop a child molestation charge and recommend a sentence of about two years in prison.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports officers found the man on top of the teen last August when they responded to a report of people drinking beer behind a gas station in Toppenish.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home