SPOKANE, Wash. - A section of State route 31 just south of Metaline will remain closed, as will a portion of US 395 just north of Colville due to water across the roadway.
The snowy, wet winter has led to flooded roads and mudslides in many locations. Multiple slides have occurred along SR 31 since it was closed Thursday, March 16.
The highway will remain closed until further threat of slides has passed.
Drivers can still use Sullivan Lake Road as a detour for passenger vehicles, although it is under seasonal weight restrictions.
Mill Creek continues to flow across the highway on US 395 just north of Colville. WSDOT is working to control the situation.
A detour is available via Williams Lake Road and Spanish Prairie Road.
The National Weather Service continues to post hazardous weather outlooks and flood warnings, making it uncertain when conditions will improve. WSDOT will reopen the highways when the conditions permit.
- Hottest Christmas items on sale this Black Friday
- Post Falls announces Thanksgiving closures
- Retailers offering big deals online for Black Friday
- Death investigated at Idaho State Correctional Center
- Police searching for missing man last seen in Hayden
- Avista shareholders approve acquisition by Canadian company