WENATCHEE, Wash. - Juvenile salmon are flying over two Columbia River dams near Vantage.
The Grant County Public Utility District is using helicopters to release tagged salmon to track their movements through Wanapum and Priest Rapids dams.
Utility spokesman Chuck Allen told The Wenatchee World helicopters are being used to reduce the time it takes to transport and release the fish in the middle of the river.
The utility is required to study and mitigate juvenile salmon deaths as part of the license to operate the dams.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time