OKANOGAN, Wash. - A 26-year-old Okanogan woman who tried to smuggle a saw blade into the Okanogan County Corrections Center will spend two months in jail.
Emily M. Stokes pleaded guilty Thursday superior court to introducing contraband.
The Wenatchee World reports (http://is.gd/rm0ytN ) the saw blade was hidden in a pair of slippers Stokes left at the jail last summer for an inmate.
Jail staff noticed she appeared to be nervous. She did not provide identification, but they recognized her from previous visits. They examined the package and found the saw blade.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults