MOSES LAKE, Wash. - The Grant County Public Utility District is asking people to take action against thieves who are stealing metal from electrical equipment.
According to Grant County PUD, customers in northern Grant County experienced a power outage last weekend due to a metal theft from electrical equipment.
The company and the Grant County Sheriff's Office said it is a theft that can have deadly consequences. Police urge people to report suspicious activity near electric facilities or equipment immediately.
Police said you should also report missing sections of power lines or wires, dangling power lines, cut fences near substations or holes underneath security fences.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting