EPHRATA, Wash. - The Grant County sheriff says four people have been arrested in a weekend arson spree that included at least 16 fires set in three Eastern Washington counties.
Sheriff Tom Jones says the Grant County fires included blazes that destroyed four haystacks valued at $300,000, and an abandoned former barracks. Fires in Franklin and Adams counties damaged or destroyed abandoned buildings and other property.
Jones says two half-brothers from Eltopia and two women were arrested Sunday night when they returned to the scene of a Franklin County fire. A sheriff's deputy spotted a car that matched the description of a vehicle witnesses had seen earlier.
The four were booked for investigation of arson, malicious mischief and criminal trespassing.
The investigation continues.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River