SCHWANA, Wash. - The Grant County Sheriff's Office is investigating the cause of an unexpected death of a young, pregnant woman.
Just before 4 p.m. Wednesday, police were called to the 18300 block of Third Avenue Southwest in the community of Schwana, which is about five miles north of Mattawa. The person reported that a woman was unconscious and not breathing.
Witnesses and firefighters tried resuscitating the woman with CPR, and she was transported to Quincy Valley Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
Police said the woman was three or four months pregnant.
According to Grant County deputies, there are no signs of foul play, but because she was so young and it's unknown what caused her death, detectives and the Grant County Coroner's Office are investigating.
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday. The woman's name is expected to be released by the Coroner's Office Thursday.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time