SPOKANE, Wash. - Gonzaga students aren't the only ones who are swept up by GU basketball. There's quite a few dedicated fans out there and some might surprise you.
"I'm praying hard to be with them and help us win," Sister Marybeth said.
All season long, Sisters Marybeth and Mary Joanna have been rooting for the Zags.
"The pope and then Gonzaga winning, it's great," Sister Marybeth said.Gonzaga nuns cheer for NCAA win
If the sisters aren't cheering for the Zags in-person, then they watch the games inside their TV room.
"It's pretty nerve-wracking and nail-biting and we are screaming," Sister Marybeth said.
They have Gonzaga posters hanging on the walls of Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church.
Sister Marybeth has even done her homework on Gonzaga's opponent.
They'll also be saying a few extra prayers for the Bulldogs because they hope their favorite team can go far into the NCAA tournament.
"If they play well, they could go all the way," Sister Marybeth said.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults