SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A Gonzaga law student will spend a year in prison for a hit and run in Spokane Valley last year.
Timmy Nguyen, 23, crashed his car into a bicycle ridden by Danny Packard. Packard was pulling his young daughter behind him and she suffered a fractured skull and wrist.
Nguyen left the scene.
Besides his prison sentence, Nguyen will have to pay more than $37,000 in restitution.
- 175+ "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire