WALLA WALLA, Wash. - A 70-year-old German on a bike tour across the United States was struck by a pickup truck and killed in Walla Walla.
Police say Horst-Peter Rothar was in a marked crosswalk Monday evening when he was hit by the driver making a turn.
The Union-Bulletin reports the driver may have been blinded by the setting sun.
Walla Walla County Coroner Richard Greenwood say Rothar died at a hospital from trauma to his head and body.
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready