Posted: Sep 03, 2013 12:59 PM PDT
Updated: Nov 21, 2016 02:10 AM PST
Due to natural gas leak at Latawah & 29th. Spokane Fire Department evacuated surrounding homes, schools and businesses.
STA brought in two buses to transport some residents of a senior care center near the gas line break. Those who couldn't move were told to shelter in place.
Don, a 77-year-old resident of the Manito Garden Apartments, was evacuated along with his cat Andy.
Spokane Fire Chief Bobby Williams briefs the media on the gas line break.