PULLMAN, Wash. - Former Washington State University president Glenn Terrell has died at the age of 93.
The university announced Terrell's death on Friday.
Terrell was Washington State's seventh president, serving from 1967 to 1985.
Terrell was a dean at the University of Illinois at Chicago Circle prior to his selection as president of WSU.
Known as "the students' president," Terrell frequently walked to work, taking time to stop and visit with students, faculty, and staff along the way.
Today, the area in the center of campus where Terrell often strolled to work is known as the Glenn Terrell Friendship Mall. The newer of the two nearby library buildings is also named the Terrell Library.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods