SPOKANE, Wash. - Flooding continues to be an issue along Upriver Drive where a portion of the road, as well as Centennial Trail, have been underwater all weekend.
Upriver Dr. is closed between Stone and Regal due to 4 inches of standing water covering the roadway.
The portion of the Centennial Trail along that stretch of road is also unusable as it is completely underwater as well. The river has swelled so high that the barrier between the trail and the river is no longer visible.
Just a mile east of the closure, a car driving westbound on Upriver Dr. Monday morning hit a patch of ice and slid into the river. The sole occupant of the vehicle was able to get out unharmed but the incident is a reminder to drivers that even though it's the first day of spring, winter weather is still causing dangerous driving conditions.
- What to buy during Memorial Day sales
- Spokane Valley firefighters prepare for season
- Woman living on property with contaminated well worried about family's health
- Hoopfest needs YOU to volunteer
- Suspect who attempted to shoot deputy receives 160 month sentence
- Lawn mower starts large vegetation fire along Sullivan