YAKIMA, Wash. - A new laboratory has opened in Yakima in a building that once analyzed beer-flavoring hops.
The new lab will analyze hop's cousin, marijuana.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports a Seattle company that operates a medical marijuana testing lab, Analytical 360, opened the Yakima lab. It's the first authorized by the Liquor Control Board to certify recreational marijuana.
The lab says it will measure the level of THC, which produces the high. It also will check for mold, parasites and pesticides to ensure safety.
Yakima has banned the production, processing and sale of marijuana, but welcomes the lab, which tracks test samples to make sure none are diverted.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car