YAKIMA, Wash. - A new laboratory has opened in Yakima in a building that once analyzed beer-flavoring hops.
The new lab will analyze hop's cousin, marijuana.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports a Seattle company that operates a medical marijuana testing lab, Analytical 360, opened the Yakima lab. It's the first authorized by the Liquor Control Board to certify recreational marijuana.
The lab says it will measure the level of THC, which produces the high. It also will check for mold, parasites and pesticides to ensure safety.
Yakima has banned the production, processing and sale of marijuana, but welcomes the lab, which tracks test samples to make sure none are diverted.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods