SPOKANE, Wash. - He was the first in line and the first to buy recreational marijuana in Spokane, and now Mike Boyer has another possible first in the wake of marijuana legalization: The first to lose his job.
Boyer posted his resume to Craigslist Wednesday afternoon, saying that he had lost his security guard position at Kodiak Security after his high-profile marijuana purchase at Spokane Green Leaf Tuesday afternoon.
Boyer said he had no regrets about being the first to buy recreational marijuana.
"I lost my job due to the news coverage of me being the FIRST PERSON TO BUY MARIJUANA LEGALLY IN SPOKANE! I regret nothing. But now im (sic) jobless and have decided to post my resume here," he wrote at the top of his resume.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital