SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - At about 7 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters responded to a house fire on the 8800 block of East Broadway Avenue.
Firefighters said when they arrived, the house was fully-engulfed in flames.
They were able to quickly knock out the fire.
According to firefighters, renters moved out of the house about a month ago. The owner has been fixing up the house lately to get it ready for new tenants. No one was living in the house at the time of the fire.
Firefighters said there was a mattress on fire in the living room when crews arrived.
No one was injured.
Westbound Broadway Avenue is blocked from Sargent Road to Argonne Road as firefighters investigate the cause.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march