SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - At about 7 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters responded to a house fire on the 8800 block of East Broadway Avenue.
Firefighters said when they arrived, the house was fully-engulfed in flames.
They were able to quickly knock out the fire.
According to firefighters, renters moved out of the house about a month ago. The owner has been fixing up the house lately to get it ready for new tenants. No one was living in the house at the time of the fire.
Firefighters said there was a mattress on fire in the living room when crews arrived.
No one was injured.
Westbound Broadway Avenue is blocked from Sargent Road to Argonne Road as firefighters investigate the cause.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting