SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Firefighters have knocked down an early morning fire at The Handle Bar and Hell Yeah Cycles in Spokane Valley.
It is a restaurant, bar and motorcycle repair shop on the 17000 block of East Appleway Avenue.
Fire crews responded to the scene around 4 a.m. Wednesday. According to a fire chief, the fire may have started in the basement and spread through the building and into the attic.
Firefighters said the building has been remodeled multiple times, making fighting the fire extremely difficult. Firefighters called in for help from Spokane firefighters.
The fire was extinguished just after 5 a.m., however, light smoke was coming from the building until around 6 a.m. Firefighters are investigating the cause of the fire.
Appleway Avenue was closed until just before 7 a.m., as firefighters cleared the scene.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday