SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Firefighters have knocked down an early morning fire at The Handle Bar and Hell Yeah Cycles in Spokane Valley.
It is a restaurant, bar and motorcycle repair shop on the 17000 block of East Appleway Avenue.
Fire crews responded to the scene around 4 a.m. Wednesday. According to a fire chief, the fire may have started in the basement and spread through the building and into the attic.
Firefighters said the building has been remodeled multiple times, making fighting the fire extremely difficult. Firefighters called in for help from Spokane firefighters.
The fire was extinguished just after 5 a.m., however, light smoke was coming from the building until around 6 a.m. Firefighters are investigating the cause of the fire.
Appleway Avenue was closed until just before 7 a.m., as firefighters cleared the scene.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home