NEWPORT, Wash. - A firefighter was sent to a local hospital Thursday morning, after being briefly trapped in the basement of a burning home in Newport.
The fire started at a house on the 1100 block of South Shore Diamond Lake Road around 2 a.m.
According to dispatchers, the firefighter's injuries are minor. The homeowner, who was in the process of remodeling his house, woke up by the crackling sound of the fire. He was not hurt.
Firefighters are investigating the cause of the fire.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line