Leavenworth, WA - A wildfire burning near Leavenworth is about 10 percent contained, but firefighters are keeping a wary eye on temperatures expected to climb into the 90s.
The Eagle fire covers 1,186 acres and is located about 5 miles northwest of the Bavarian-themed village of Leavenworth.
Fire spokeswoman Robin DeMario said Thursday that about 30 homes remain under mandatory evacuation notices.
She says the fire has not burned any homes.
Fire crews used helicopters to drop water on the fire on Wednesday and made progress in containing the blaze.
DeMario says the hot and dry conditions forecast for Thursday could produce an increase in fire activity.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'