MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. - A Medical Lake home is a total loss after a quick moving fire broke out Friday evening.
Crews responded to a home in the 40-thousand block of Salnave Road around 7:30 pm to find the home fully involved.
It took more than 35 firefighters to keep the flames from spreading to nearby structures.
A man inside was transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center with second and third degree burns.
"We did locate that patient at the property next door with extensive burns to the upper body and to the face," said Captain Mike Morevec with Spokane County Fire District 3. "The patient was alert and conscious at the time."
That man told firefighters the fire started in the kitchen, but the official cause is under investigation.
- 175+ "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire