SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Firefighters say a Spokane Valley house is a total loss following a fire early Friday morning.
The fire started around 1:45 a.m. near 1st Avenue and Chronicle Road.
Firefighters said a neighbor who helped the person inside the house escape was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.
The man living in the house was also transported to a hospital for smoke inhalation and a cut to his forehead.Fire destroys home, sends two to hospital
Firefighters said debris inside and around the house made it hard to work.
Firefighters searched the home for occupants, told by neighbors that a woman might still be inside. After searching the house three times using thermal imaging, firefighters confirmed no one else was inside the house.
The woman was later confirmed to have stayed the night elsewhere.
Spokane Valley firefighters confirm that a fireplace was lit at the time of the fire, however the exact cause is unknown and still under investigation.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River