SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane firefighters are investigating the cause of an early-morning garage fire in East Central Spokane.
The fire started just after 1 a.m. Friday on the 200 block of South Fiske Street.
Firefighters said that when they arrived, the garage had already started collapsing, so they concentrated on extinguishing the flames from the outside to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby houses.
The owners said a transient may have been using the building to sleep, but firefighters said no one was inside when they arrived. No vehicles were in the garage.
The single-car, detached garage was destroyed.
Avista had to replace some power lines that were damaged in the fire.
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA