SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane firefighters are investigating the cause of an early-morning garage fire in East Central Spokane.
The fire started just after 1 a.m. Friday on the 200 block of South Fiske Street.
Firefighters said that when they arrived, the garage had already started collapsing, so they concentrated on extinguishing the flames from the outside to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby houses.
The owners said a transient may have been using the building to sleep, but firefighters said no one was inside when they arrived. No vehicles were in the garage.
The single-car, detached garage was destroyed.
Avista had to replace some power lines that were damaged in the fire.
- Ferris teacher, coach under investigation in Idaho
- 170,000 job seekers compromised by Department of Labor hack
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- 4 Things To Know For March 23
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Spokane River flooding backyards in Seven Mile neighborhood