PULLMAN, Wash. - Pullman police say a University of Idaho football player has been identified as a suspect in a fight that sent a WSU football player to a local hospital.
Police said the fight started at a house party on College Hill early Sunday morning. WSU players and at least one U of I player was invited.
Someone called 911 to report a large fight. When police showed up, they found Mansel Simmons, 20, a red-shirt sophomore wide receiver, unconscious in a parking lot with multiple head injuries.
Simmons was sent to a hospital with serious injuries. There is no word on his current condition.
Police have not identified the U of I suspect, but said detectives have talked with him about his alleged involvement.
Detectives said the U of I football player may have displayed a knife during the fight. A handgun was found near the scene of the fight later on Sunday, but it is not believed to have been used.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line