SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - A semi truck versus tree crash on State Route 195 killed one woman on Saturday morning.
It happened around milepost 84, roughly 12 miles south of Spokane, at 7 a.m.
21-year-old Braden Bundy of Spokane was driving a semi truck on a northbound lane when the truck went off the road and hit a tree.
Bundy's passenger, 20-year-old Kelsey Heidecker, also of Spokane, died at the scene.
Bundy was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center with injuries.
Downed trees blocked northbound traffic for over five hours.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march