SPOKANE, Wash. - A woman died near Long Lake Thursday night when she crashed her SUV into a tree.
The crash happened around 8:30 p.m.
According to Deputy Craig Chamberlin of the Spokane County Sheriff's Office, the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed when she crashed her car into the tree. He says that was likely a contributing factor in the crash
A tow truck was used to separate the vehicle from the tree.
The medical examiner's office confirmed the victim in the crash was 27-year-old Jolene Picard. The autopsy report said she died from blunt head, chest and abdominal injuries.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives