SPOKANE, Wash. - The body of a Spokane soldier killed in action in Afghanistan comes home Monday morning.
Sgt. Matthew Stiltz, 26, was killed one week ago Monday, when his unit was attacked by insurgents.
His body is scheduled to arrive at Spokane International Airport at 9:40 a.m. Monday.
Stiltz was a 2005 graduate of Shadle Park High School and deployed in Zerok, Afghanistan with the Army's first infantry division out of Fort Riley, Kan.
He leaves behind a wife, Brooke, of three years.
A memorial will be held for Stiltz at Shiloh Hills Fellowship Church in North Spokane.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line