POTLATCH, Idaho - A broken heating system has shut down school for Potlatch students in northern Idaho.
Potlatch School District Superintendent Jeff Cirka tells the Moscow-Pullman Daily News that the temperature at the high school fell into the 50s on Thursday.
Cirka says administrators decided to cancel school Friday for students in elementary school and the junior-senior high school also because the bus system runs for the entire district.
Cirka says the heating system is old and needs an overhaul.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line