WALLA WALLA, Wash. - A former Walla Walla District Court judge faces about two more months in jail for possessing child pornography.
A visiting judge gave 70-year-old John P. Junke an alternative sentence Wednesday for offenders who are amenable to treatment.
The Union-Bulletin reports he could have been sentenced to more than six years in prison. The sentence was reduced by credit for time served in jail and 30 days converted to community service. He also may serve his remaining sentence on work release.
The pornography was discovered last summer when Junke took his computer to a repair shop. He pleaded guilty Feb. 4 to possessing child pornography.
Junke served as a Walla Walla District Court judge from 1991 through 1994.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting