EL PASO, Texas - An ex-Army doctor in Texas has been indicted in a $7.3 million health care scam.
The 65-count federal indictment announced Thursday in El Paso names Dr. Richard Craig Rooney of Medina, Wash. Rooney worked at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso and Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center at Fort Hood.
His wife, Dr. Angie Unchi Song, and her father, Charlie Takhyun Song of Grapeview, Wash., were indicted, plus her company Spondylos Consulting LLC. Also indicted were Julia Lynn Eller of Allure Spine LLC in Charlotte, N.C., plus that company.
The counts include conspiracy to commit wire fraud and money laundering. Eller allegedly provided cash so Rooney would use Allure Spine products.
Both physicians were with patients Friday and couldn't comment. Eller couldn't immediately be reached for comment.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line