CHENEY, Wash. - An Eastern Washington University student was killed in an early morning crash in Cheney Tuesday.
Police say a car was involved in a rollover accident at the intersection of K Street and 6th Avenue just before 2 a.m. Tuesday.
Officers say the driver left the roadway and hit a tree in Sutton Park.
Eastern Washington University confirmed the driver killed in the crash was Adam Morales, 21, a sophomore at EWU from Grandview, Wash. He was majoring in Computer Information Systems.
Two passengers in the car were friends but not EWU students, according to the university. Both are being treated for serious, but non-life-threatening injuries.
This is the second fatal crash involving an Eastern Washington University this year. In February four EWU students riding in a VW Jetta near Colfax were involved in a two-vehicle collision. Two of the passengers in the car -- Nancy Zepeda, 21, and Ashley Gonzalez, 21 -- were killed in that crash.
The investigation into Tuesday morning's crash is ongoing.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday